|| ||Antje Rávic Strubel
Antje Rávic Strubel was born in Potsdam in 1974 and grew up in Ludwigfelde. After graduating from high school she trained as a bookseller and studied American Literature and Culture, Psychology and German Literature in Potsdam and at New York University. During her studies she wrote for various publications including the FAZ (Berliner Seiten) and taz and worked as a lighting technician for the Wings Theatre in New York. During the academic year 2004/2005 Antje Rávic Strubel worked as a guest lecturer of the German Institute of Literature (University of Leipzig). She is now a freelance author and lives in Potsdam. She also works as a critic for the radio stations Deutschlandfunk and Deutschland Radio and as a columnist for Die Zeit and Emma.
Photo: © Zaia Alexander
Colder Layers of Air
- 1996 Kulturfonds Foundation Bursary
- 1999 Brandeburg Crime Novel Bursary
- 2000 Schloß Wiepersdorf Bursary
- 2001 Ernst Willner Prize
- 2002 Academy of Arts Literary Bursary
- 2003 Critics’ Prize for Literature
- 2003 Roswitha von Gandersheim Prize
- 2003 Heinrich Heine Scholarship, Lüneburg
- 2004 Fellowship at Villa Aurora in LA
- 2005 Literature Prize of the City of Bremen
- 2005 Marburg Literature Prize
- 2007 Nominated for the "Leipzig Book Fair Prize"